The Pendleton Community Library is much loved. Located at 595 E. Water Street in the heart of downtown, it’s a fabulous resource for families and adults, and provides a lot of free and reasonably priced community services, from CPR classes to a Community Garden.
With a collection of nearly 70,000 titles, our library has books, movies, and magazines, a copy and fax machine, and even a notary public on staff. A library card is all you need for all kinds of great resources.
Check out the Pendleton Community Garden, the Alpha Seed Library, and Read ‘n’ Feed as examples of how thinking outside the box can expand community resources and build upon health and wellbeing. There’s also free Yoga instruction monthly and one-on-one help with your resume (Call 765-778-7527 to set up an appointment.)
There’s a lot going on in the teen department, too, from YA book discussions to video game tourneys, and even the Pendleton Anime Society.
Here’s what’s coming up in March:
- Homeschool your kids? Bring them to the library for enrichment
- Every other Wednesday, 10 AM Toddler Time
- Monday March 16th – 10AM Safe Sitter Certification Course
- Pendleton Community Café – 6 PM Tuesdays Yarn Twisters
- Lawyer in the Library every second Wednesday of the month at noon. Bring your concerns & get answers.
- Join Biblioteens – 3:30 PM Monday March 23, this book club for 7th -12th graders includes books pizza and refreshments.
- Free Yoga at 9 AM on Saturday March 28th
- Monday March 30th 3PM Paint-A-Mug (nominal fee)
- Tuesday March 31st 6PM – A History of Racism in Indiana
- Tues March 31 6:30 PM – Family S.T.E.A.M. Story Night
- Join an adults or teen book club based on the type of books you like to read
- Try the Breakout Spy School escape room (just for teens)
- Sign up for TLC – Teens Love Cooking classes
- Sign up for the Purdue Extension Nutrition Education Program
Be sure to bookmark the website (www.pendleton.lib.in.us) to look for events you and your family might wish to enjoy together.