Whether or not there are actual Trick-or-Treaters at your door this Halloween, you can still have a good time with the family at farms and orchards that open their barn doors wide this time of year.
There are a ton of places nearby with apples to pick, pumpkins and gourds to decorate, Indian corn, fresh apple cider and hot chocolate, corn stalk mazes, face painting, hayrides, and spooky haunted houses. LINK:
Be sure to check out websites for hours of operation and what COVID safety protocols are requested. Here are a few of our favorite places to celebrate fall with your family:
- Russell Farms Pumpkin Patch LLC – Pumpkin patch-pick in the field, Fall festival, train rides, corn maze, kiddie (mini) corn maze, goat walk, tractor-pulled hay rides, bounce house, gift shop, concessions. 12290 E. 191st Street, Noblesville IN 46060.
- Spencer Farm – Pumpkins, hayrides, pre-picked apples, gourds, Indian corn, Thanksgiving pies and baked goods. 7177 East 161st Street, Noblesville, IN 46062.
- Connor Prairie – From the Apple Store to the famous evening rides of the Headless Horseman — to axe forging and knife smithing, there’s a lot to experience here no matter what your age. 13400 Allisonville Road, Fishers, IN 317-776-6000.
- Barn Of Terror Noblesville – haunted house, tractor-pulled hay rides. 19807 Hague Rd, Noblesville, IN 46062. Phone: 317-721-3327.
- Marilyn’s Crazy Corn Maze – corn maze, pumpkins for sale in the shop or farm stand, kiddie (mini) corn maze, straw or hay bale maze, child-sized hay bale maze, concessions, picnic area, face painting. 14475 Marilyn Road, Noblesville, IN 46030.
- Stonycreek Farm Inc. – pumpkins, pumpkin patch – pick in the patch, hayrides, haunted maze. 11366 Street Rd. 38 East, Noblesville, IN 46060. 29th through
- Stuckey Farm Orchard and Cider Mill – pumpkins, pick-your-own apples, corn maze, Fall festival, straw or hay bale maze, tractor-pulled hay rides, Honey from hives on the farm, Cider mill (fresh apple cider made on the premises), gift shop, concessions. 19975 Hamilton Boone Road, Sheridan, IN 46069.
- Tragesser Farms – pumpkins, winter squash, fall ornamentals, fresh fruits or veg, pumpkin patch-pick in the field. 5630 West 600 South, Atlanta, IN 46031.
For more ideas on where to go near Pendleton and elsewhere, check out this link: https://www.hauntedhayrides.com/