Our Hoosier state is slowly and safely opening back up. As of a few weeks ago, that includes our favorite place to shop for garden flowers, Indiana corn, home-baked goodies, honey, jams, and fresh organic produce.
That’s right, your local farmers markets are back open and going strong – giving local farmers, food producers and artisans a place to sell their goods directly to customers. And customers get access to fresh local food and home made yummies.
It’s also a lot of fun to walk around in the sun and grab anything from fresh churned ice cream for the kids and dog biscuits for Fido, to pork tenderloin sandwiches for Mom and Dad. That’s in addition to a bountiful supply of locally grown, farm fresh veggies and fruits. Yum!
Here’s what’s open within a 20 minute drive of RoseLake Estates:
- Pendleton Farmers Market – (765) 610-7069 – 300 Falls Park Drive. Open Saturdays, 8 AM – noon.
- Fortville Farmers Market – (317) 485-0410 – 600 Vitality Drive. Open Thursdays, 4 PM – 9 PM
- Hamilton County Farmers Market – (620) 384-5226 – 5 Center Green, downtown Carmel. Open Saturdays 8 AM – 11:30 AM.
- Fishers Farmers Market – (317) 578-0700 – 11601 Municipal Drive, Fishers (Nickel Plate District Amphitheater). Saturdays, 8 AM – noon.
- Noblesville Farmers Market – (317) 776-0205 – 175 Logan Street (Federal Hill Commons). Saturdays 8 AM – noon.
- Cumberland Farmers Market – (no phone) Cumberland Town Hall, 11501 E. Washington St. Saturdays 8 AM – noon.
- Market at Hague – (no phone) Lawrence North High School north lot, 7800 Hague Road. 8 AM – noon Saturdays.
- Zionsville Farmers Market: (no phone) Corner of Main and Hawthorne, Zionsville. 8 AM – 11 AM Saturdays.
These locally-sourced markets are not only close, but most are dog-friendly and some offer live music.
So bring your mask and stay 6-feet away from others (COVID-19 Safety Guidelines are still a must) … and get outside and enjoy all the home-grown goodness Indiana has to offer!