Alas, many fitness centers and studios have closed again as COVID transmissions begin to rise again in Indiana. But according to the CDC, getting exercise outside is an ideal way to exercise safely. The CDC recommends walking, jogging, bicycling, hiking, tennis and playing golf as safe activities to enjoy outside — long as you stay a safe distance – generally 6 feet away or more – from others.
If golfing with someone other than family, you will want to wear a face mask – when you are closer than 6 feet. Golf has been reasonably safe to enjoy with friends or acquaintances by the CDC – as long as you follow these guidelines:
- Wear a mask when entering or departing any clubhouse, common area, or admission area
- Wear a mask in your golf cart if you are riding with others
- Bring a hand sanitizer to use after using (driving or riding in) a golf cart or making a purchase of any kind.
Once you are on the course, mask up only when you come into close contact with others. Breathe easy, knowing golf can help release stress and burn calories (especially if you walk the course), and help keep you in shape. RoseLake Estate golfers regularly head to these popular nearby golf courses:
- Forest Park Golf Course, 701 Cicero Rd, Noblesville
- Pebble Brook Golf Course, 3110 Westfield Rd, Westfield
- Brookshire Golf Club (city owned), 12120 Brookshire Pkwy, Carmel
- Plum Creek Country Club, 12401 Lynnwood Blvd, Carmel
- Prairie View, 7000 Longest Dr, Carmel
And of course, Fall Creek Golf Club in Pendleton. This public golf course is city-owned and located minutes from our neighborhood. Open to the public seven days a week, Fall Creek Golf Club is an 18-hole course is filled with mature trees and generous fairways.